The Pktgen Application
Pktgen, (Packet Gen-erator) is a software based traffic generator powered by the DPDK fast packet processing framework.
Some of the features of Pktgen are:
- It is capable of generating 10Gbit wire rate traffic with 64 byte frames.
- It can act as a transmitter or receiver at line rate.
- It has a runtime environment to configure, and start and stop traffic flows.
- It can display real time metrics for a number of ports.
- It can generate packets in sequence by iterating source or destination MAC, IP addresses or ports.
- It can handle packets with UDP, TCP, ARP, ICMP, GRE, MPLS and Queue-in-Queue.
- It can be controlled remotely over a TCP connection.
- It is configurable via Lua and can run command scripts to set up repeatable test cases.
- The software is fully available under a BSD licence.
Pktgen was created 2010 by Keith Wiles @ windriver.com, now at intel.com
See the sections below for more details.
- Getting Started with Pktgen
- Running Pktgen
- EAL Commandline Options
- Pktgen Commandline Options
- Multiple Instances of Pktgen or other application
- Runtime Options and Commands
- Running Script Files
- Using Lua with Pktgen
- Socket Support for Pktgen
- Changes in Pktgen
- Copyright and License
- Third Party License Notices